Moisturizing Physical Protection!
The EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44 Tinted is a 100% physical sunscreen. This tinted, moisturizing sunscreen is gentle for all skin types. This product is also dye-free, fragrance-free, gluten-free, paraben-free, and non-comedogenic. Even the most sensitive types and post-procedure skin can use this product. EltaMD Elements has a universal tint that is designed to enhance most skin tones. Its antioxidant formulation works to combat skin-aging free radicals associated with ultraviolet (UV) and infrared radiation (IR) and offers high-energy visible (HEV) light protection. The two active sun-protecting ingredients, Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide are natural minerals that scatter the suns’s UVA and UVB rays.
The EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44 is a 100% physical sunscreen that restores moisture and provides gentle yet powerful sun protection.
EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44 Clear Features & Benefits:
- UVA/UVB protection as well as IR and HEV
- 100% physical sunscreen
- Hyaluronic acid boosts moisture-retention for a smoother, more youthful appearance
- Oil-free formula with antioxidant protection
- Reef Safe formula – 10.0% Zinc oxide, 5.5% Titanium dioxide
- Water Resistant – 40 minutes
- Gentle for post-procedures such as Chemical Peels, IPL, Microneedling
- Oil-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and fragrance-free; non-comedogenic
- All EltaMD sunscreens are recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as effective broad-spectrum sunscreens
- Zinc Oxide – Natural mineral compound that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UVA and UVB rays
- Titanium Dioxide – Natural mineral that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UV radiation
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C ester) – Antioxidant that reduces free radicals to help diminish the visible signs of aging
- Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) – Humectant that attracts and retains moisture, improving skin feel and restores suppleness
If you are looking for a sunscreen for the body, try EltaMD UV Pure Broad-Spectrum SPF 47
Frequently Asked Questions About EltaMD UV Elements
Is this a sunscreen for the face of the body?
EltaMD UV Elements is formulated for the face, you can also use it on neck and decollete. If you would like to use it on your body because of the tint, you certainly can!
Why is there Vitamin C in this product?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant and antioxidants help prevent the skin from aging because they protect the cells against free-radicals damage. The Vitamin C used is an ester and very gentle.
How to use the EltaMD UV Elements Air Pump?
EltaMD packages this product in an airless pump dispenser, this pump uses a vacuum to dispense the product. Before first use, hold the tube upright with the cap off and firmly depress the pump several times to prime the product so it can pump out. If the pump becomes stuck, chances are there is an air-pocket. Hold the tube upright with the cap off, press the pump down all the way, and continue to depress the pump while slowly squeezing the tube. Once the air is pushed out, the product will dispense correctly.
How should I apply this sunscreen?
You should apply 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply after 40 minutes of swimming, sweating, after towel driving, or at least every 2 hours.