Retinol Complex jumpstarts your cell turnover!
“Retinol is a MUST use ingredient if you are serious about your skin” – Kelly Bomer MD
Who should use Retinol Complex? Everyone should incorporate a retinol product into their skincare routine. Especially patients with acne, mature skin, sun damage, wrinkled, pigmented skin, rough and uneven texture.
SkinMedica Retinol Complex Features & Benefits:
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and coarse wrinkles
- Enhances skin tone and texture
- Antioxidants address existing sun damage and defend against free radicals
- Speeds up cell turnover to reveal new skin
- Helps fade dark spots and discolorations
Retinol Complex enhances skin tone, texture, and resiliency while addressing skin aging-related issues.
- Retinol – speeds cell turnover, fades dark spots
- Squalane – antioxidant that addresses sun damage and fights free radicals damage
- Niacinamide – a form of Vitamin B that improves circulation and elasticity, enhances skin’s barrier function, fades discoloration and minimizes wrinkles
- Dunaliella Salina Extract (algae extract) – Rich in antioxidants, helps combat free radicals damage
- Vitamin E – Antioxidant that protects against UV damage
- Ceramides – Helps hydration and moisture retention
- Bisabolol – Minimizes irritation
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-8 – Peptide that helps to prevent and soothe inflammation in irritated skin
- Paraben Free
Retinols are featured on Dr. Kelly Bomer’s Anti-Aging Series Video: How to Apply Retinol, watch the Videos below.
Available in these strengths: 0.5% and 1%
Retinol Complex Frequently Asked Questions:
Which Retinol Complex Strenght should I use?
The strength you use will vary depending on the exfoliation history of your skin as well as the level of sensitivity. If you never used Retinol, or are used to over the counter retinol products, you should start with a lower strength and let your skin acclimate to that before you move on. We recommend you to apply it two days a week, 2-3 days apart on dry skin and increase frequency slowly until your skin is acclimated. Irritation is not always expected but can be minimized if it appears. If your skin gets irritated Retinol Complex can be mixed with a moisturizer. More more details read the Caution section below so you can learn how to acclimate. You can also watch Dr. Bomer’s Video How to Apply Retinol below.
Why is Retinol so important?
Your skin is constantly shedding itself and regenerating. The older cells make their way to the top layer of the skin and are sloughed away. Dead cells often clog the skin, contribute to rough patches, uneven texture, and pigmentation. Retinol helps speed up the cell cycle and helps exfoliate the dead cells. Studies also show that regular use of prescription strength Retinol like Retinol Complex can increase the production of new collagen.
How long does it take to see results?
Most people see results around 12 weeks. When you start using prescription strength Retinol your skin goes through a period of adaptation. During this period you might see dryness, redness, and flaking. This happens as the Retinol breaks down the sticky cells that have caused a build up in your cells. Do not give up, just modify your approach and increase the days in between use or mix it with a moisturizer. Retinol Complex has encapsulated retinol for less irritation.
When should I apply Retinol Complex?
ApplyRetinol Complex in the evening after cleansing and toning and before a moisturizer. Always apply it on dry skin. Do not use if you are pregnant, are planning to become pregnant, or lactating. Always apply sunscreen when using any Retinol product. If a prescription strength retinol has not been used, begin 2 times a week, 2-3 days apart, increasing frequency slowly until daily use is tolerated.