The Buzz ingredient for right now is Hyaluronic Acid.
Let’s find out why and see which will win the title of Best Hyaluronic Acid Product!
HA’s most glorious benefit is that it is a powerful humectant (aka moisture-binding ingredient) and it can hold 1000 times its weight in water. Yes, let that sink in. 1000 times!
What is Hyaluronic acid?
It is a chain of sugar molecules that naturally occur in the human body (skin, joints, eyes, etc). It is present in large amounts in the spaces between skin cells, where it provides moisture, plumpness, firmness, and suppleness to the skin. As we age, our bodies slow down the HA production and this causes havoc in the form of dry skin, wrinkles, and uneven texture.
Hyaluronic Acid is not an acid. It is not like glycolic, salicylic, and lactic acids, which remove dead cells and debris from your skin. HA actually attracts water which is absolutely vital to optimal skin health. There are different types of HA molecules and some of them even help your skin produce more hyaluronic acid!
Hyaluronic acid can also be injected into the dermis of the skin to fill and plump. Restylane and Juvéderm have been in use for many years and deliver amazing natural like results. Visit Rejuvent.com and see how Dr. Bomer and Dr. Bouzoukis rejuvenate their patients with these products.
What types of Hyaluronic Acid are used in skincare?
There are several types: some provide immediate hydration, some only reach the outer layer of the skin, some provide short-term moisture, some provide long-term hydration, some penetrate deeply, some help your body increase its own HA production. You get the point.
They are not all created equal. But many, many products boast that they contain HA, and a lot of these products will provide basic, short-term, surface type moisture. But beware, some department store type Hyaluronic Acids contains irritants and preservatives that could harm your skin.
Which are the Best Hyaluronic Acid Products?
Here is a brief description of our favorites:
SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator – Buy Now!
- Contains 5 types of Hyaluronic Acid:
- Time-released HA
- Sodium Hyaluronate (high molecule weight for immediate hydration)
- Uncrossed-linked HA (medium molecule weight for smoothness and hydration)
- Nano HA (low molecule weight, smoothes skin)
- Cross-linked HA (provides up to 8 hrs of hydration)
- Contains powerful antioxidants and peptides that help drive the HA into the skin as well as protect and boost collagen production.
I love this product and use it right before my sunscreen. Since I live in Arizona and it is very dry here, I moisten my fingers before applying it and notice a big difference in the moisture level and how my fine lines just disappear with this product! It is a great primer too! It is definitely worth the price! – Carla, 55
Jan Marini Hyla3D – Buy Now!
- Contains multiple forms of Hyaluronic Acid which provide lasting hydration and moisturization
- Contains peptides that boost collagen and elastin production
- Contain antioxidants that help reduce UV damage, fight free radical damage and stimulate collagen production
Jan Marini products are amazing and this one does not disappoint! This serum-like wonder goes in smoothly and is packed with other ingredients that my skin loves. It moisturizes, protects and boosts my skin’s hydration! – Mariella, 53
SkinCeuticals HA Intensifier – Call 480-889-8880 to purchase
- Contains full molecular weight, fragmented and encapsulated chain of Hyaluronic Acid
- Plus ingredients to help deliver and preserve the HA in the skin, once absorbed
- Amplifies your skin’s Hyaluronic Acid levels by 30%
I am loving this new product. I can totally notice a difference with this HA. My skin looks healthier and plumper, plus I love how this serum gel smooths my skin. 10 stars! – Claudia, 52
Lip HA Products:
SkinMedica HA5 Smooth & Plump Lip System – Buy Now!
- Two-steps treatment
- Step 1 contains HA5 (with 5 types of HA plus peptides and antioxidants)
- Step 2 adds enhances lip plumpness and rosiness
At first, I was using this as a lip gloss and reapplying many times a day, then I learned that this is not how it is supposed to be used, this is not a lip plumper that you keep in your purse and apply all day. This is a system, to be applied morning and night. Once I learned that, wow! My lips are more moist and rosier, for sure. – Inga, 47
SwissClinicals Moisturizing Mask – Buy Now!
- Protects the skin against transepidermal water loss
- Activates the natural protective mechanisms of the skin
- Makes the surface of the skin soft and supple
- Improves its elasticity and reduces wrinkles
I use this mask once a week as suggested by Dr. Bomer. I love how it plumps my skin up, it adds moisture and it makes my skin feel super silky. – Linda, 60
Yes, Hyaluronic Acid deserves all the fame and glory for being a fantastic hydrator and moisture inducing ingredient, but using the right one makes a huge difference! If you have any question, please reach out, we are here to help you!