Silagen Gel Strips for Large Scars
Silagen Silicone Gel Sheeting Strips for Large Scars is a clinically proven treatment for scars. These are the longest lengths available from Silagen at 24″. They can also be cut into multiple pieces for shorter scars. These gel sheeting strips are Ideal for Abdominal surgeries, Tummy Tucks, Body Lifts, Brachioplasty, and Scoliosis surgery.
The Silagen Gel Srips for Large Scars measures 2″ x 24″ and there is one per box.
Silagen Gel Strips 2″ x 24″ Features & Benefits:
- Help improve the look of scars
- Reusable – 1mm in thickness for durability and a longer usable life
- Each piece will last up to four weeks with proper care
- Can be trimmed to fit your scar
- Easy to apply and easy to clean
- Clear Medical Grade Silicone
Reusable Silagen Gel Strips 2″ x 24″ Application:
- Before application make sure the scar area is clean and dry, as well as free from creams, lotions, ointments, and powders. Do not use the Silicone Sheeting Strips with the Silicone Gel.
If Silagen sheeting comes in contact with creams, lotions, ointment, or perfumes, it can lose adhesiveness.
- Wash and dry the area being treated every time you apply Silagen Scar Strips.
- Begin using Silagen when the wound has healed or sutures have been removed. Do not use on any open wound.
- Remove Silagen from the package. If needed, cut and trim Silagen so that it extends at least ½ inch (1 centimeter) beyond the area to be treated.
- For large products that come in tubes, store the product flat, backing side down.
- Peel off the release liner and apply Silagen, adhesive side down, directly on the area being treated.
- Although Silagen is a self-adhesive product, if needed it can be secured using medical grade tape, a pressure sleeve, or any other preferred method.
- If the gel sheet becomes dirty or loses adhesiveness, wash it gently with water and mild soap. Allow to air dry before reapplying.
- Keep packaging for storage of the product when not in use.
Silagen Silicone Scar Strips Application Wearing Time:
- Silagen Scar Strips should be worn every day for 10 to 16 hours per day – the more time Silagen is in contact with the scar, the greater the effect.
- Silagen should be removed once every 12 hours for inspection of the scar site and to allow the site to be washed and thoroughly dried.
- Silagen should be used for a minimum of two months. Additional improvement may occur with use for up to six months.
- Remove Silagen when showering, bathing, or swimming.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, begin using Silagen for 4 hours per day for the first 4 days, inspecting the site often. If no significant rashing/irritation occurs, increase usage by 2 hours each day until the desired usage time is reached.
- Each piece of Silagen sheeting should last 3 to 4 weeks with gentle handling.
- Silagen should be replaced if it begins to deteriorate, disintegrate, or will not stick.
- Keep unused Silagen in its container.
Reusable Silagen Scar Strips Cleaning Instructions:
- If the Silagen sheet becomes dirty or loses its stickiness, it may be washed gently with tap water and mild hand soap and then air-dried before reapplying.
- Silagen recommends washing it every 2-3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does Silagen sheeting work?
Silagen silicone sheeting improves scars by providing a combination of occlusion which seals the scar from exposure to air, hydration, elevated skin temperature, and continuous light pressure. This prevents the skin from producing excessive scar tissue, and helps the scar to stay flat, soft, and less red.
How long will Silagen gel sheet last?
When properly handled, each piece will last up to four weeks. Unused pieces are still ok to use for several years after purchase.
Can Silagen be used on children?
Yes, it is safe for use on children and adults.
If I’m using Silagen sheeting do I also need Silagen gel?
Silagen sheeting and Silagen Gel are often used in combination, but not at the same time. Many people use one product during the day and the other at night to provide 24 hour-a-day coverage, especially for high-visibility areas such as the face, neck, hands, and legs. They should not be used together!
Can I cut Silagen sheets?
Yes, they can be cut to fit any scar, simply make sure to cut Silagen so that it extends ½ inch on all sides of the scar.
How do I clean Silagen Sheeting?
If the Silagen strip becomes dirty or loses its stickiness, it may be washed gently with tap water and mild hand soap and then air-dried before reapplying. Silagen recommends washing it every 2-3 days.
Can I apply any other medications under Silagen?
No, nothing should be applied under Silagen sheeting. Any lotion or medication that gets under the sheet can cause Silagen to lose adhesion and effectiveness.
Should I take Silagen off when I shower, bathe, or exercise?
Yes, removing Silagen sheeting whenever entering the water or exercising will prolong its life.
How do I store Silagen?
Keep packaging for storage of the product when not in use.
Are these strips effective on acne scars?
Silagen has created a product just for acne scars! Try the NEW Silagen Acne Scars + Spot Corrector to help fade and improve the look of acne scars!
The Silicone Gel Strips for Scars are part of Silagen’s Scar Refining System:
- Silagen 100% Silicone Gel – Can be used day or night
- Silagen UV Protection Silicone Gel SPF 30 – Use it during the day to protect your scar from UV damage
- Silagen Scar Strips 1″x3″ and 1″x6″
- Silagen Scar Strips 2″x 24″
- Silagen Silicone Breast Kit
Improve the look of your scar with Silagen products today!